Financial Services Business Analyst
Who are we looking for:
Consult Hyperion is currently looking for a mobile money/mobile financial services Business Analyst to join our growing team of Consultants in Guildford.
- Analysis of business proposals to assess their viability and practicality
- Analysis of financial plans to assess their viability and ability to support the associated business proposals
- Ability to contribute to the development of business plans and financial models
- Analysis of market statistics to identify trends; ability to identify which statistics are relevant to a business
- Reflection of market trends in business plan
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to analyse and present complex ideas clearly and logically
- Self starter and resourceful – able to work with minimal supervision
- Ability and willingness to understand how payment systems work from legal, commercial and technical perspectives
- An understanding of the various business models and processes in the mobile money sector
- Some familiarity with Sub-Saharan African and/or South Asian economies
- Some familiarity with payments systems regulation in those regions
- Knowledge of the global payments markets
- Knowledge of payments and / or fintech innovation
What do you need?
- University Degree
- Willingness to travel occasionally: Work is mainly based in Guildford and the South East for worldwide clients
- however flexibility to travel for short-term assignments in the UK or abroad is essential
- Good Interpersonal Skills
- Creativity: Ability to think out-of-the-box, successfully innovate and explore new ways of working
- Self-motivation & commitment
- Team Worker
What do you get?
£30 – 60k + benefits, depending on experience
- Great opportunity to learn from and contribute to a world class team
- Varied and challenging assignments
- 26 days holiday per year
- Insurance (Life, Private Health)
- Non-contributory pension
About Consult Hyperion
Consult Hyperion is an independent technical and strategic consultancy, providing a wide range of skills and services to help our clients achieve their goals and gain valuable knowledge about the digital transactions industry.
Our Financial Inclusion practice draws on experience gained advising on technology, business models and regulatory best practices in many countries and has very specific and unique expertise around using mobile technology to drive financial inclusion bringing social inclusion in its wake.
We have been active in mobile money since the technology’s earliest days when we assisted Vodafone in the development of the M-PESA service in 2004 (we carried out the initial feasibility study into what is now the world’s largest mobile money scheme). We also played a crucial role in the launch of M-PESA in Kenya in 2007 when the mobile money industry grew beyond expectations.
We have used this experience to help connect marginalised and excluded people in developing markets in Africa and Asia where there is little to no infrastructure but we have also done work on a number of European services with differing technical and commercial requirements.
We have worked with mobile operators, banks, NGOs, donors and a variety of third parties to develop, launch and operate ground-breaking mobile value transfer services.
Direct CVs to:
Lindi Lion, Associate Manager
Tel: +44 (0)1483 301 793
12 The Mount