The Tomorrow’s Transactions Unconferences Series
We are pleased to announce that the 8th BarCampBankLondon "Unconference" will be taking place on Monday 9th February 2015 at the National Endowement for Science, Technology and the Arts (NESTA) at 1 Plough Place, London, EC41 1DE.
Register here http://www.meetup.com/BarCampBankLondon/events/219637165/?a=ea1_grp&rv=ea1&_af_eid=219637165&_af=event
In addition to its annual Tomorrow's Transactions Forum, Consult Hyperion also organises a series of Unconferences about digital money and digital identity in locations around the world, including London, New York, San Francisco and Toronto. An unconference is a participant-driven meeting. The term "unconference" describes a gathering that tries to avoid one or more aspects of a conventional conference, such as high fees, sponsored presentations, and top down organisation.
A typical unconference discussion
Typically, a Consult Hyperion unconference will feature a thought provoking keynote presentation from an author or consultant before participants split into groups to discuss topical issues and questions that they have proposed. Groups then feed back to all delegates and participants then swap to another group so everyone has the opportunity to discuss at least three topics in depth during the day.
Choosing discussion topics
Here are some of the comments about the 2012 and 2013 Barcamp Bank Unconferences in London that Consult Hyperion organised:
- "Really interesting, thought-provoking day. Will definitely attend future events."
- "Great opportunity to meet some really talented innovators. Well-led discussions about a variety of topics; I'd love to attend the next one!"
- "Stimulating in parts, illuminating in many areas, very pleasant atmosphere - above all quite encouraging. Having arrived with no particular expectations, I sat back to watch things unfold and was pleasantly surprised."
- "Excellent discussion. I felt the organiser brought more structure to the sessions than other unconferences I have been to."
- "Excellent opportunity to discuss some key topics in identity, payments & banking."
- "A great day. Well done all, and especially to group leaders for marshalling the often disparate options that lead innovation."
- "Absolutely excellent!!!"