Business Development Manager
CD$ negotiable + Commission
Consult Hyperion is one of the world’s leading Payments Consultancy; and is currently looking for a Business Development Manager with experience of working within the Canadian Payments Sector, to manage and grow all their sales activities across Canada. The Retail Payments Business Development Manager will be based in Ontario.
The Business Development Manager will be expected to be able to:
• Gain a deep understanding of the business issues faced by your clients and the opportunities, and threats, presented by current technology.
• Understand the business processes within your client, particularly around project governance and budgeting for projects and new initiatives.
• Maintain a sales and operational strategy for Consult Hyperion in Canada.
• Use the Miller Heiman LAMP Process to develop and manage a robust account development plan.
• Deliver informative and thought provoking presentations on areas of interest to Consult Hyperion and your target customer base at Consult Hyperion and third party conferences.
• Organize Consult Hyperion’s attendance at Canadian conferences, trade fairs and other networking activities.
• Work with the CHYP USA MD, based in New York, to select the right consultants to complete your projects. Facilitate regular meetings with your clients to obtain their feedback on the progress of and deliverables from those projects.
• Work with the Associate Manager, based in the UK, to identify new local Associates (independent contractors) who can help you to deliver projects within your client base and manage any issues which may arise between placed Associates and the team within the client that they are working with.
Typically, your client base will include:
• Banks, Credit Unions and Payments Schemes interested in deploying secure mobile applications, bank to bank transfers and identity services.
• Retailers and Acquirers interested in delivering new services at the Point of Sale, e.g. InApp Payments, tablet and phone POS. Secure Merchant Applications.
• Mobile Network Operators interested in Identity Management or Financial Services.
• Transit operators interested in the savings to be made by accepting contactless payment cards at the Transit Gate.
Regulators, Operators of Critical National Infrastructure, State Governments
• Consultancies and OEMs
The Business Development Manager will have:
• Market and Technical Awareness: Understand and be able to discuss the changes taking place in retail payments and the way in which consumers access them; mobile of course being a key focus.
• Respect within and across the Canadian Retail Payments sector.
• Industrial Experience: ideally spent in a retail payments company, their suppliers or in IT solutions sales.
• Practical Experience: Winning and growing accounts, sales forecasting etc.
• Good Interpersonal Skills.
• Self-motivation & commitment; you will initially be working remotely from the UK and US offices. Depending on your level of success, additional resources will be recruited to work with you.
• Willingness to travel: As this is a client facing role you will be expected to spend a significant portion of your time out of the office.
• Competitive salary and benefits.
• Expand your career prospects by working for globally recognized thought leaders and technical experts within the field of retail payments, identity and transit.
• Work with the latest technology and influence how it will be adopted and used by global organizations.
• Contact with a broad mix of clients from blue chip to niche technology organizations.