Consult Hyperion is looking for a sales manager with experience within the changing payments market to join our successful team. Reporting to the Sales Director, the role is a mix of account management and new business development, so requires a flexible and dynamic sales approach to achieve annual sales targets.
Consult Hyperion is, simply the only completely independent, non-affiliated consultancy of its kind, specialising in securing digital transactions for payments and identity related applications. We offer our clients specialist strategic and technical consultancy, software development and compliance testing relating to financial and identity digital security. Consult Hyperion has been instrumental in the design and implementation of a range of innovative payment solutions – some of which you may, without realising, be already benefiting from! We need your help to continue our journey, to become part of a dynamic team that is challenging the status quo, to develop products and services that the banking, transit and mobile payment industries demand, and, to maintain Consult Hyperion’s market leading position.
Responsibilities and Duties (will include, not limited to)
• Working closely with the sales director to identify new business areas as they develop. Also working closely with our team of consultants and existing project teams to identify and win new opportunities and deploy additional resources into the project.
• Understand the product/service development process and using this knowledge to develop and obtain the client’s agreement on the format of potential projects, prior to writing a commercial offer and statement of work.
• Use account planning techniques to contact the key stakeholders within your accounts, to ensure support for any proposal you submit.
• Effectively working alongside the marketing team, following up leads and helping to close business generated by marketing activities such as conferences and seminars.
• Converse with your clients around the opportunities presented by the technology they are considering using, and, the products and services that they are designing.
Knowledge and Experience
• Understand and be able to discuss the changing payments market, the role of the mobile phone, tablet and identity within retail payments, including the features, benefits and barriers of alternative solutions.
• Have knowledge of and be able to discuss the current drivers for the migration towards deployment of services on NFC-enabled mobile phones and tablets, as well as the adoption of mPOS devices and tablets at the POS.
• Have previous experience of Sales forecasting, bid management and tender preparation.
• Have a working knowledge of the compliance requirements for new payment applications, in particular those imposed by the Payment Schemes, PCI as well as KYC and AML.
• Be confident working trade fairs, seminars and conferences whilst using them to generate new sales leads.
• Have 8+ years of commercial experience, ideally spent in a retail payments company, their suppliers or in IT solutions sales.
Qualifications and skills
• Good communication skills (both written and verbal)
• Team player, willingness to learn and share leading-edge insight within the constant changing payments industry.
• Willingness to travel, as this is a client facing role you will be expected to spend a significant amount of time out of the office. Mostly within the South East of England. Travel abroad and within the UK, for specific sales opportunities or relevant industry events may be required from time to time.
• Private Health
• Income Protection
• Life Assurance